Portable Hydrogen Sulfide Detector
Meter and Inspection Kit
Hydrogen Sulfide Meter – Certified Intrinsically Safe Class I & II Models Available
The Ideal Meter and Kit for:
Hydrogen Sulfide Inspector Kit
Hydrogen Sulfide Models:
* Includes Vibrate mode and is certified Intrinsically Safe for use in Explosive Environments
Hydrogen Sulfide Inspector: Product Details
The Sensorcon Hydrogen Sulfide Inspector is the best Hydrogen Sulfide Detector on the market, guaranteed. How can we make such a claim? Here’s how, with the Hydrogen Sulfide Inspector you can:
- Resolution:…1 ppm
- Accuracy:…+/- 10% (or +/- 2ppm whichever is higher)
- Measurement Range:…0 to 400 ppm
- Initial Response Time:…< 5 seconds
- Response Time:…<40 second (T90, time to reach 90% of
- full signal)
- Size:…3.2″ x 2.2″ x 0.86″
- Battery Life:…2 yrs (depending on alarm condition)
- Alarm:—10 ppm low,…15 ppm high (audible and visual)
- Alarm Type…Visual LED & LCD, Audible Buzzer Industrial Model Includes Vibrate mode
- Temperature Range :…-4 to +122 °F (-20 to +50 °C)
- Humidity:..20%-90% RH continuous (0-99% intermittent)
- Sensor Type:
Hydrogen Sulfide specific electrochemical sensor
- Ingress Rating:—IP 67 (dust proof, water proof)
- Certifications/Approvals— Inspector Industrial Model Only … UL 913 Class I & II Explosive Environments Div 1 Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, & G
If you have questions, see our FAQ page or
Applications: Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) is an extremely hazardous, toxic compound. It is a colorless, flammable gas that can be identified in relatively low concentrations, by a characteristic rotten egg odor. The gas occurs naturally in coal pits, sulfur springs, gas wells, and as a product of decaying sulfur-containing organic matter, particularly under low oxygen conditions. It is therefore commonly encountered in places such as sewers, sewage treatment plants (H2S is often called sewer gas), manure stockpiles, mines, hot springs, and the holds of fishing ships. Industrial sources of hydrogen sulfide include petroleum and natural gas extraction and refining, pulp and paper manufacturing, rayon textile production, leather tanning, chemical manufacturing and waste disposal.
Measure the concentration of Hydrogen Sulfide gas coming out of a gas pipe, sewer system, industrial processing facility, or near a deep well. The Hydrogen Sulfide Inspector is robust and accurate enough to be used as a professional Hydrogen Sulfide detector. Professional applications include use in a mine, combustion analysis, refineries and waste treatment centers. Detailed application information can be found here.
If you’d like more official information about Hydrogen Sulfide, we recommend
reviewing information available from government agencies:
Looking for the best Hydrogen Sulfide Meter & Kit available? You found it! The Hydrogen Sulfide Inspector is the best handheld Hydrogen Sulfide Meter for daily use by facility safety inspectors, fire fighters, municipal workers and more.
Designed and made in the USA at a great price, the Inspector is waterproof, impact resistant, accurate, fast and easy to use.